Audio for the masses
410 KB C++ → 13 KB .exe
2:25 minutes of music
25.5 MB WAV
- Drag and Drop API
- File API
- Blobs + ArrayBuffer
- Analyser Node
- Web Audio
- Analyser Node
Over two billion people still don’t have access to the Internet
- Lower barrier of entry
- Write Once, Run Anywhere
- New Hardware APIs with JS
- This list
- Just parameters, no sample data
- Touch + pressure
- Patch database
- A community of remixes
- Unusual contributions?! Yay!
- Existing = staff / drum machine based
- Missing nuances
- Record everything
- Make data available
- Let people build alternative notations
- Maybe local symbols
- A worldwide library of local songs!
Web FM API
+ Web Audio
Over the FM data transmission
- Bandwidth ~0.65 Megabytes... per day
- Not amazing, but still it’s like 4K SMS
- Broadcasted = no slowdown when many users
- Precedents: national news, weather, complementary information about the programme
- Local updates instead: status of water tanks, area weather forecasts...
- Things that are really important for the people close to that FM station.
These are just some examples...
I might be terribly wrong.
Maybe 3D audio in games won’t solve non-Western issues.
we have a responsibility
To teach, make this accessible and easy to use...
... and keep experimenting, devising new ideas...
... and creating new code over which more Web Audio stuff can be built.
We have a responsibility to teach, make this accessible and easy to use.
And keep experimenting, devising new ideas and creating new code over which more Web Audio stuff can be built.