Photo by Shirley Glua, from CascadiaJS 2013
I'm an engineering manager at the Developer Tools in Mozilla, and I work on making the Web the best platform. I am at #devtools, #devrel and #apps on irc.mozilla.org.
Third person bios for conferences and journalists and etc
- Longer bio: Sole has been building real time stuff for longer than she can remember. She works at Mozilla, helping making the Web the best platform (in general) and the best platform for realtime (in particular). She writes demos to test and spread awareness about new features, often involving Web Audio, WebGL, GIFs and/or cats, and breaks various browsers and reports an unspeakable number of strange edge cases in the process, all in pursuit of a robust platform that is a joy to develop for.
Random facts, because why not?
- I learnt to read when I was 4, and programming with Logo when I was 8.
- I was once stung by a massive bee, and survived.
- When I visit a new town I look for the best coffee instead of the famous sights.
- I love ruins and abandoned houses.
If you want me to speak at your event in representation or on behalf of Mozilla, or want to request sponsorship from Mozilla for your developer event, please read these guidelines and if you think your event fits with the description, fill in the linked form.
If you have work-related questions (i.e. with regards to me speaking at your event), send an email to sole (at] mozilla.com. NOTE: If you send an email asking for sponsorship instead of using the form mentioned above, I will delete your email without answer.
For other enquiries, send an e-mail to hello [at) soledadpenades.com. But don't send me support requests for any of my projects here. Just don't. File issues in the appropriate places so that everyone who has the same problem can find it using a search engine and benefit from the solution.
If you're looking for Soledad Penadés, Doctor in Chemistry, look here instead (we are not related except by the coincidental name).